Lakes Outdoor Experience offers abseiling in the Lake District National Park, Cumbria as part of a multi-activity day or as a single adventurous session. As an outdoor activity, abseiling is ideal for groups or individuals.
- great for the outdoor adrenaline junkie
- fun way to boost confidence
- see the Lake District from a different perspective
Abseiling is used to get down a steep slope or rock face and has its roots in mountaineering. It is now enjoyed by many people as an exciting alternative challenge and is ideal for the adrenalin junkie.
There are numerous venues for abseiling in the Lake District. Abseiling sessions can be run at almost all crags in any of the Lake District valleys.
Typical venues include the quarries at Hodge Close, Tilberthwaite or Cathedral in Little Langdale. The Lakes Outdoor Experience team of qualified instructors know the best Lake District abseiling venues and are happy to come to your locality to run your abseiling session.
We'll provide helmets, harnesses and all other technical equipment for the session. You'll need your own outdoor clothing, footwear and an air of determination!
Abseiling sessions are also included as part of our rock climbing and scrambling adventures. Abseiling as part of these courses may be delivered in North Wales in the Snowdonia National Park or in Scotland where, for example, abseiling is a feature of the Cuillin Ridge traverse.
Abseiling can be linked with any other activity we offer, browse the outdoor activities section to choose what else you want to do, then contact us to book your adventure.
- Prices are £60/person for a half day (4 hours) and £85/person for a full day (8 hours)
- Minimum booking numbers apply ie 2 persons at £60 each or for 1 person - £120.00
- Group bookings discount and children’s rates are also available. These can be viewed on the venue pages at the bottom of this page