The Lake District; 12 large lakes including England’s longest Windermere, together with a number of navigable rivers makes a superb destination for kayaking and open canoeing activities. Jump in a kayak with us and come and have an outdoor adventure.
- get out and about in your own kayak
- explore hard to reach places with expert instruction
- improve your existing kayaking skills
Lakes Outdoor Experience run kayaking sessions in all areas of the Lake District National Park. Kayaking activity sessions are run mainly on Windermere, Coniston Water, Ullswater and Derwentwater. You will see the Lake District from a different perspective and be surrounded by the beautiful mountains whilst adventuring on the water.
As with open canoeing, you can choose a half day activity or go for a full days adventure and journey from one end of a lake to the other taking in points of interest and islands along the way. You will be taught basic flat water skills of how to handle your kayak and we can throw in some fun and games that you can do in a kayak as well. We will teach you what to do if you capsize.
Guided River Trips
LOE also provide guided kayak trips on rivers such as the Lune, Rothay and Derwent. In order to come on one of these you must have attended one of our lake based kayak activity days or be able to show you are competent in kayak handling skills.
All safety equipment is provided, you will need to have suitable clothing to wear under the wetsuit and a fleece top to wear under a cagoule and also bring a pair of old trainers that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Prices are £50/person for a half day (4 hours) and £85/person for a full day (8 hours). Please note these prices are for a minimum of two persons per booking or we will happily work with one person at the two person rate if you are willing to pay that.
- Group bookings discount and children’s rates are also available. Please enquire for details.
- Please note - we do not offer a Public Kayak Hire service.
Kayaking courses are held at the following venues
Ullswater, Derwentwater, Coniston Water, Rydal Water, Grasmere, Windermere.